PROCESS TECHNICIAN – MOLDING (PRODUCTION)
PRIMARY REPORT TO: Molding Manager
Support daily operations of the molding department while embracing the PPC culture and maintaining a safe work environment. Understand and execute established guidelines and procedures for the best use of people, materials, and machinery. Follow the production schedule and deliver product to QA/Assembly accordingly. Interact with QA, seeking continuous quality improvements related to repair, scrap, and cost reduction. In addition, support maintenance efforts to maximize mechanical assets by understanding the operation, preventive maintenance, and cost impacts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- EMBRACE POLY PROCESSING COMPANY CULTURE BEHAVIORS AND VALUES.
- Demonstrate Energy, Extension, and Desire for continued improvement.
- Accurately read and execute Production Paperwork (Production Orders, Tank Travelers, and Daily Log Sheets).
- Prepare molds as called out in work instructions (Inspection, Venting, Mold Release, IMFO attachments, Parting Lines etc.).
- Understand the variations in mold sizes and style applications.
- Correctly weigh and measure plastic resin for production (Basic Math Required).
- Oven operation (Mold Changes, Oven Start Up, Double-Shot Process, Oven Chamber Cleanliness).
- Work effectively in an elevated temperature environment for short periods of time.
- Perform mold breakdown procedures per work instruction (lift/ladder lug removal, air pressure, temperature monitoring, lid/tooling removal, part removal).
- Operate a variety of powered hand tools and equipment; Pneumatic/electric drivers and drills, Scissor lift, Man lift, Overhead cranes Fire Fighting Equipment (hoses, extinguishers).
- Safe forklift operation (Mold Transporting, Resin Boxes, Resin Hopper, Box Dumping).
- Gain an understanding of the operational details of all roto-molding monitoring equipment. (Basic CPU Skills Required).
- Effectively work independently as well as in a team atmosphere.
- Safely operate overhead cranes.
About Poly Processing
Known as a leader in crosslinked polyethylene chemical tanks, Poly Processing is a company dedicated to storage safety, as well as operational- and cost-effectiveness. This national company has worked to raise the standards of the industry and continually develops new and better storage concepts that are based on client feedback.
Formerly known as the Abell Company, Poly was founded in 1955 as an agricultural distribution service. In 1970, the Abell family recognized a need for better storage solutions for corrosive chemicals. They developed a process for rotomolded, crosslinked plastic storage as an alternative to FRP, stainless steel and lined steel. Today, Poly Processing has manufacturing facilities in Louisiana, California and Virginia.
Poly Processing works with industry professionals and major educational facilities to research and develop further advances in chemical storage.
While Poly is known for its technological innovations, it is also known for its human approach to business and service. Here, every phone call is answered by a person, not a machine - and customer service is at the heart of all we do.
Company Website: www.polyprocessing.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)