ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand the sales order process as it relates to sales order reviews
- Accurately read and interpret the Sales Order requirements. Confirm that the order matches the design drawing.
- Understand the terms/abbreviations used within the process.
- Be able to read and comprehend tank travelers
- Able to read, comprehend, and execute instructions from tank drawings
- Understand the variations in tank sizes and style applications.
- Understand the use of a tape measure and calculator to determine circumference degree, elevation, and dome radius measurements/locations. (Check twice).
Fitting & Installation:
- Understand the differences in the tools to be used and their performance limitations.
- Become familiar with all fitting/template types and applications. Understand fitting design performance limitations and applicable placement on the tank in the process.
- Able to execute all existing guidelines and practices established within the assembly area
- Correctly identify all fitting sizes and materials of construction
- Proper use of correct holes saws and drill bits for fitting application and proper alignment (2-holing).
- Preparing (grinding) the area for installation of the fitting (inside and outside of the tank).
- Installation confirmation (secondary inspection).
- Able to perform and teach installation process for all fittings, lids, and accessories
- Cursory check of the completed tank BEFORE Hydro-Testing.
- Understand the application process for safe use of the correct fitting plug.
- Understand the use of the required fill equipment and proper fill procedures.
- Inspection of the filled tank for sealing and safe drain procedures.
- Report the results on the required paperwork.
- Clean and apply the correct decals to the tank.
- Transport the tank to the Staging Area for wrapping.
- Operate a variety of powered hand tools and equipment; Pneumatic/electric drivers and drills, Scissorlift, Manlift, Fire Fighting Equipment (hoses, extinguishers).
- Safe forklift operation (Tank Transporting to and from Assembly).
- Gain an understanding of the operational details of all Assembly-related equipment. (Machines and hand tools).
- Effectively work independently as well as in a team atmosphere.
- Safely operate an overhead crane.
About Poly Processing
Known as a leader in crosslinked polyethylene chemical tanks, Poly Processing is a company dedicated to storage safety, as well as operational- and cost-effectiveness. This national company has worked to raise the standards of the industry and continually develops new and better storage concepts that are based on client feedback.
Formerly known as the Abell Company, Poly was founded in 1955 as an agricultural distribution service. In 1970, the Abell family recognized a need for better storage solutions for corrosive chemicals. They developed a process for rotomolded, crosslinked plastic storage as an alternative to FRP, stainless steel and lined steel. Today, Poly Processing has manufacturing facilities in Louisiana, California and Virginia.
Poly Processing works with industry professionals and major educational facilities to research and develop further advances in chemical storage.
While Poly is known for its technological innovations, it is also known for its human approach to business and service. Here, every phone call is answered by a person, not a machine - and customer service is at the heart of all we do.
Company Website: www.polyprocessing.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)